Quashing Myths of HomeopathyJanuary 15, 2022
One of the most common digestion problems is lactose intolerance. It is brought about by the intake of milk and other dairy products. Lactose intolerant people cannot digest the lactose in milk because they lack the enzyme lactase, which is needed to digest lactose. This can cause abdominal bloating, diarrhea, and other symptoms. It can sometimes have a negative impact on one’s quality of life.
Lactose intolerance sufferers may only escape these effects by reducing or eliminating dairy products from their diets, such as cow milk, curd, cheese, yogurt, butter, biscuits, cookies, chocolates, and cakes. Checking the lactose content of processed foods and snacks is always a good idea.
- Lactose intolerance symptoms usually occur in adulthood.
- Lactase levels in premature babies are lower than in full-term babies.
- Lactose intolerance can be caused by bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine.
Role of Homeopathy
When it comes to addressing any issue, homeopathy takes a constitutional approach. Homeopathic medicine strengthens the immune system and reduces the defensive reaction to lactose in this situation. The results of these medicines can be seen in the reduction of intestinal irritation and inflammation, symptoms, and so on. Homeopathic medicines help lactose-intolerant people absorb milk better and improve their quality of life by avoiding more bloating and diarrhea episodes. They also help with calcium and mineral absorption. They increase the rate of metabolism while also boosting the immune system. They aid in the efficient absorption of minerals and salts from the food consumed. Lactose intolerant people may benefit from homeopathic bio combinations and biochemical treatments to compensate for calcium and mineral deficiencies. They not only work as nutrients, but they also encourage the body to absorb milk and milk products more effectively.
Some of the homeopathy medicines which help to treat lactose intolerance are:
- Aethusa Cynapium: After consuming dairy products, greenish diarrhea is caused which contains undigested particles. The children are irritable, anxious, and crying. Severe prostration, stomach cramps, and exhaustion are some of the symptoms. Milk consumption causes constipation and indigestion.
- Apis Mellifica: Used to treat allergic reactions caused by milk consumption. All over the body, there are intense itching eruptions of redness and inflamed patches of skin. One faces difficulty in breathing.
It is advisable for one to meet a homeopathy practitioner before consuming the above medicines.