Quashing Myths of HomeopathyJanuary 15, 2022
Dos and Don’ts of HomeopathyJanuary 15, 2022
Illness is an inevitable fact of life, and only the most fortunate among us are immune to it at all times. It is very normal for the majority of us to become ill from time to time. In the form of a seemingly incurable condition, sickness becomes a lifelong part of life for a large number of people. It is only natural and rational that one of the most important facets of any society is healthcare. People have had at least some sort of medical involvement in their society throughout history. We are at the height of medical progress and technology in modern times. Not only is the science behind diseases better understood than ever before, but there are also a variety of treatment choices to choose from. You can now choose from a variety of options, ranging from the tests you must take to the care you must receive. Allopathy, or traditional medicine, is no longer the only choice. You can choose between Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and, of course, Homeopathy as an alternative therapy.
Side Effects if Allopathy
As the side effects and risks of allopathic medications become more noticeable than ever, a growing number of people are opting for alternative treatments. When it comes to emergency management, allopathic medications may still have the upper hand, but we now live in the era of chronic diseases. Diseases have been more chronic, relapsing, and recurring in recent years. In such cases, allopathy fails to achieve a satisfactory result, triggering a transition to natural treatment options. In India, there has been a substantial change toward homeopathy and other complementary medicines over the years. According to reports, the number of people interested in homeopathy will continue to increase in the coming years.
Perks of Homeopathy over Allopathy
Let’s learn about the benefits of homoeopathy over allopathy.
- Homeopathy has few side effects: This is so because homeopathic medicines are normally prepared in such small doses that the chances of getting an adverse reaction are basically zero. There are no known side effects from taking homeopathic drugs, and they are safe to use even for infants.
- Treat the patient, not the disease: This is one of homeopathy’s guiding principles. Multi-organ and multi-system disorders are becoming more common as illnesses become more complex. The allopathic protocol in such situations is to refer the patient to a specialist from each system. This traps the patient in a cycle of switching from specialist to specialist whenever a new symptom arises. Homeopathy, on the other hand, is not like that. A homeopath is well-qualified and trained to handle cases that require various systems. Homeopathic treatments have a broad range of action, and if chosen correctly, a single treatment will treat all of a patient’s symptoms. As a result, having the right homeopathic medication removes the need for several specialists for different problems. This saves time, money, the hassle of switching doctors, and most importantly, it saves you from taking ten different kinds of medicines.
- A vast arsenal of medicines: Another significant advantage of homeopathy that is often ignored is that it has a large arsenal of medicines capable of functioning on almost all body parts and systems. With the exception of emergency situations, homeopathy can impact almost any symptom of a patient. The brain, connective tissues, skin, vital organs, digestion, emotional sphere, and many other systems are all impacted by homeopathic remedies. Contrary to common opinion, it is not only confined to chronic cases. Even acute cases react well to homeopathic medicines if a proper prescription is issued. Be it fevers, pains, colds and coughs, or infections, homeopathy will help you get rid of your symptoms quickly. That, too, without the gastric upsets, aphthae, and other side effects that allopathic drugs are known for.
- The simplicity of administration: Homeopathic medicines are typically given to patients in the form of sweet pills, which makes homeopathy a popular choice among children (and even adults). There are, however, some methods for dispensing homeopathic remedies that are just as simple. Water doses are often prescribed, and powder doses are sometimes used. All of these are pretty easy to swallow for both young and old. In terms of administration, taste, and effects, this is in stark contrast to the tablets, syrups, and even injections administered by allopathic physicians. It should come as no surprise that the side effects of these medications may be severe or cause the patient to be uncomfortable for a while.
- Homeopath’s unparallel attention: If you’ve ever seen a homeopathic practitioner, you know that case taking entails far more than just noting your current problems. In reality, the doctor’s inquiry is only the beginning of a series of questions. The homeopath discusses your clinical history, the origin of your problems, the causes that change your symptoms, and the particular symptoms you are experiencing, before moving on to your previous medical history. Then there are concerns about your diet and weather preferences, general processes like digestion and sleep, and finally emotional factors. Taking a mental image of a patient and knowing their personality is important for a homeopath. This is due to homeopathy’s assumption that the mind controls the body, and that almost all illnesses are triggered by an overactive mind. As a result, emotional factors such as anxiety, apprehension, fears, depression, loneliness, rage, and others are explored in order to pinpoint the primary explanation why the disease manifested in the first place. Homeopathy has an advantage in that it pays close attention to psychiatric symptoms and tailors care to a person’s individual characteristics, resulting in crisper, sharper, and longer-lasting outcomes. The mind must be healed before the body can be healed.
Switching to Homeopathy over Allopathy
Homeopathy is a blessing to people suffering from chronic illnesses who do not want to continue taking allopathic medicine or newly diagnosed people who do not want to begin a lifelong regimen of allopathic drugs. In India today, there is no shortage of qualified homeopathic physicians who use modern diagnostic tools in conjunction with well-established homeopathic remedies to achieve the best results. In addition, genuine and original remedies are readily available throughout the world. Any drug should only be started after a comprehensive consultation with a registered homeopath. A visit to the doctor not only eliminates any medical conditions that could be lurking inside but also provides guidance about how to treat a disease by diet and lifestyle adjustments. The doctor will also advise you on the best dose repetition of a medication to ensure that you get the most benefit from it. Self-medication is often found to be more detrimental than helpful.