Homeopathy Over AllopathyJanuary 15, 2022
Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, a German physician, is credited for turning homeopathy into a science of healing. The ‘Law of Similars’ is the principle of homeopathy. This means that any substance that causes symptoms in a healthy person can also relieve symptoms in a sick person.
Dos: Here’s a quick rundown of certain tips to keep in mind when undergoing homeopathy care.
- Homeopathic medicine should not be exposed to direct sunlight, magnets, or strong perfumed odours such as camphor, paint, or chemicals.
- Self-medication should be avoided. A professional homeopath will recommend you medicines after a careful review of your case history.
- Keep your hands away from the homeopathic medication. To avoid infecting the medicine, use a clean spoon and put it under your tongue.
- Wait at least five minutes after eating or drinking before taking your homeopathy medication, as strong odours or tastes may interfere with the remedy.
Don’ts: Many homeopathic practitioners offer a list of substances to be avoided by the patients. Let us take a look at a few of them.
- Coffee: This is one of the most common factors that interfere with homeopathic care. Even a single sip of coffee, a small amount of coffee ice cream, or a piece of coffee candy can cause the treatment to be disrupted. Homeopathic therapy is typically unaffected by other caffeinated substances.
- Perfumed Ingredients: Eucalyptus, as well as any items containing it, should be avoided. Aromatherapy oils and mouthwashes containing menthol and other aromatic compounds should also be avoided. Due to their aromaticity, scented herbal mosquito repellents, all tea tree products, peppermint oil, and lavender oil can cause interference. Do not use Chapstick and other perfumed lip balms as well. Depending on individual sensitivity, strong fumes from oil-based paint, turpentine, paint thinner, and some household cleaning agents can also cause problems.
- Addictions: If you smoke, chew tobacco, or drink alcohol while taking homeopathic medicines, the medicines can be rendered ineffective.
- Other Treatment: Homeopathic therapy has been known to be disrupted by acupuncture and therapeutic ultrasound. It’s best to talk to your doctor about this.