Doctor, Researcher, Teacher, Guide, Inspiration, Integrator, Mentor, Creative, Classical Music Aficionado, Author.
Raising the Spirit of Humanity
In the almost 40 years of his spectacular career as a dedicated doctor, researcher, teacher and author, Dr. Govindarajan (popularly known as Rajan) Sankaran has revolutionized the practice of homeopathy not only in India, where he lives, but across the world. What he has done to change the way homeopaths understand and practice homeopathy has earned him a prominent place not only in the annals of this increasingly popular system of alternative medicine but also in the hearts of legions of people whose lives he has enhanced, directly or indirectly.
He did his M.D. (Hom) from Aurangabad University in 2006.
Dr. Rajan Sankaran’s trailblazing research and relentless efforts to streamline and bring consistency to the practice of homeopathy have brought into focus a holistic and natural system of medicine that has proved to be very efficacious. His towering contributions to homeopathy have transformed the field, leading to an explosion of new research, study groups and organizations. He has started a movement to educate and enlighten that has rapidly gained momentum across continents. In the process he has brought together diverse schools of homeopathy that are converging for a common cause.
By unstintingly sharing his knowledge across the world, he has helped guide and inspire a whole new generation of homeopaths to look beyond the physical symptoms to the personality and spirit of a patient.
Dr. Sankaran has always led by example, using his pioneering concepts to heal thousands of patients through his Mumbai-based practice. His focus on holistic treatment that combines homeopathic remedies with music, meditation, yoga and diet has had extremely successful results.
In the world of homeopathy, among practitioners and patients alike, his name evokes not only awe and respect but immense gratitude. In his quiet but determined way he has helped bring hope to humanity and this, more than anything, makes him deserving of the rest of the world’s recognition and appreciation.
- Dr. Sankaran works tirelessly and with unflagging enthusiasm on all his diverse teaching and mentoring projects, research activities for new remedies, and his own practice. His passion for learning has been the hallmark of his life and is evident in everything he does. What stands out through is his compassion for his patients, and his enduring desire to bring them back to wellness – mind, body and spirit. Clearly, what drives Dr. Sankaran is his deep love of God and his abiding affection for his fellowmen. He sees himself as an instrument of service with everything he does coming through him rather than being of him.
- He remains in touch with the world beyond homeopathy, as is evident in his acclaimed book ‘Dog, Yogi, Banyan Tree’. A collection of anecdotes from his life, the book reveals the different facets of the son of a renowned homeopath who stepped out from his father’s shadow to become one of the leading lights of homeopathy himself.
Dr. Rajan Sankaran (born in 1960, Mumbai, India), is a Practitioner, Research Scientist, Teacher and Author of Homoeopathy System of Medicine. He lives and practices in Juhu area of Mumbai, India.
Dr. Rajan Sankaran is the illustrious son of the well known Homeopathic Teacher, Dr. P. Sankaran.
He graduated from the Bombay (Mumbai) Homeopathic Medical College in 1981. He was on the Teaching Faculty of that same institution, now known as Smt. Chandaben Mohanbhai Patel Homoeopathic Medical College, as an Assistant Professor of Repertory and was an Honorary Physician. He did his M.D. (Hom) from Aurangabad University in 2006.
He is an internationally renowned thinker, teacher and writer of the homeopathic system of medicine. He is reputed to be a clear and original thinker and is best known for his path breaking concepts in Homoeopathy.
His understanding of ‘disease as a delusion’ followed by his discovery of newer miasms, classification of diseased states into kingdoms (viz. plant, mineral and animal) and the seven levels of experience, brought in much more clarity into understanding diseased states. This paved way to one of the most path-breaking concept of eliciting the vital sensation in the patient, the common thread of experience which runs through the patient at all levels. This method, popular as ‘Sensation method’, was yet not the end of the untiring efforts to simplify the system of homoeopathic practice. The Sensation method has now evolved into a more comprehensive and synergistic approach, which strongly advocates to encompass and integrate the old, classical and traditional approaches with the latest advances. This approach –‘The Synergy of Homoeopathy’, has resulted in a far greater predictability of results than ever before.
Dr. Sankaran also heads ‘the other song’ The International Academy of Advanced Homoeopathy’, in Mumbai.
This academy primarily focuses on imparting advanced clinical training to students and practitioners, integrated with a homoeopathic healing centre.
Dr. Sankaran’s lucid style and simplicity also make him very popular as a teacher amongst homoeopaths worldwide. His seminars and teaching courses have been widely attended in India and abroad. He has lectured in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, England, France, Germany, Holland, Israel, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, South Africa, Switzerland and U.S.A. Along with his colleagues, he founded The Homoeopathic Research and Charities, which is an Institution involved in various teaching courses.
Dr. Rajan Sankaran is successfully conducted an online learning programme ‘Wednesdays With Rajan’ (WWR). Watched over 43 countries, with over 700 participants, WWR was one of the most successful online programmes in the present time. A sequel of WWR, WWR-II is also launched.
- Dr. Rajan Sankaran is internationally renowned as a clear thinker and is best known for his path breaking concepts, especially his understanding of ‘disease as a delusion’, his use of mind symptoms and dreams, his classification of remedy states into kingdoms and his additions to the existing Miasms.
- His work on the plant kingdom and the seven levels is fast gaining in popularity and promises to revolutionize Homeopathy.
- He is particularly well known for developing a highly structured view of the Materia Medica.
- Apart from India, Dr.Sankaran teaches in several countries since the year 1986. These include Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, England, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland and U.S.A.
- Amongst his students are some of the well known teachers of Homeopathy and heads of several homeopathic schools and colleges. His books are included in the syllabi and recommended as reference reading in several colleges and courses.
- More and more Homeopaths are incorporating his ideas into practice, with the most promising results. His lucid style and simplicity makes him very popular as a teacher amongst Homeopaths worldwide. His seminars and teaching courses have been widely attended in India and abroad.
- Along with his colleagues he founded ‘The Homeopathic Research and Charities’. This Institution is involved in various Research Activities & Teaching Courses since last 22 years.
- He has authored The Spirit of Homeopathy, The Substance of Homeopathy, The Soul of Remedies, Provings, The System of Homeopathy, An Insight into Plants. The Book – ‘The Sensation in Homeopathy & Sankaran’s Schema’ are milestones. Many of his books are considered modern texts in Homeopathy and have been translated in several languages.
- He is also developer & Innovator of a Case-Analysis Software Program called ‘Vital Quest’.
- Dr. Rajan Sankaran envisioned a Publishing House – Homeopathic Medical Publishers (HMP) for publishing good quality books his own plus many other authors & practitioners. HMP also translates and publishes Dr. Sankaran’s books into various languages, releases DVDs, and has online courses.
- To cater to the everyday guidance of the fast paced world where distances shouldn’t matter Dr. Rajan Sankaran started Web Group called ‘Insight-Alliance Homeopathic’.
- Then Dr. Sankaran started an online learning programme – ‘Wednesdays With Rajan’ (WWR). Watched over 43 countries, with over 700 participants, WWR is one of the most successful online programmes in the present time.
- In October 2011 Dr. Rajan Sankaran gave a finale seminar of the WWR series, ‘The Wednesdays Summit’. From 1st to 5th October, the summit was organised in Toronto and was a crux of the last 35 years of his study and practice of Homeopathy. It was an illustrative seminar on integration of the old classical Homeopathy and the advances as made with the Sensation Method. The summit was an opportunity to get live clinical training through series of live follow-ups from his practice, some over 28 years old long! This was coupled by live cases.
- Popularity of WWR called for WWR- II.
- His book, ‘Homeopathy for Today’s World’ was favorably reviewed in publications including New Age Retailer, Midwest Book Review and Whole Life Times.
- He is the Head of ‘the other song’- The International Academy of Advanced Homeopathy, Mumbai.
- Trustee & The Principal Research Scientist: Homeopathic Research and Charities, Mumbai.
- The Head of “the other song” – International Academy of Advanced Homeopathy.
- President, Synergy, USA.
- Member of Anti-Plagiarism Committee of MUHS 2013.
- Member, Board of Studies, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences.
- Member, Board of Research, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences.
- Ex- Chairman of 6 Member Committee of MUHS 2011 for formation of Syllabus of Fellowship/Certificate Courses in Advanced Homeopathy.
- Ex – Chairman of Ad-Hoc BOS for AYUSH at MUHS in 2011
- Hon. Advisor – European Council for Classical Homeopathy.
- Vice Chairman for Asia – International Council for Classical Homeopathy.
- Editor – Homeopathic Links (Asian Edition).
- Ex-Hon. Physician, Mumbadevi Homeopathic Hospital, Mumbai.
He has authored the following books:
- The Spirit of Homeopathy
- The Substance of Homeopathy
- The Soul of Remedies
- The System of Homeopathy
- An Insight into Plants
- Sankarans Schema 2005
- The Sensation in Homeopathy
- Sensation Refined
- Structure: Experiences with the Mineral Kingdom (2 VOLS)
- The Other Song: Discovering Your Parallel Self
- Survival (Vol.1)- the Mollusc
- Survival (Vol.2) – the Reptile
- Sankarans Plant Sensation in picture
- The Synergy in Homeopathy: An Integrated Approach to Case Taking and Analysis
- Synergy Synopsis
- From Similia to Synergy: The Evolution Of Homeopathy
- Homepathy for today’s World – Discovering your animal, Minaral, Or plant naturs, Published by innertradition and Bear
- Natural Kingdoms, Published by penguin (India)
Several of these books have also been translated into other languages by HMP
Books by Dr. Rajan Sankaran published in other languages by Homeopathic Medical Publishers:
- Homeopathic En Materie (+ 2 Cds) (Translation – The Substance of Homeopathy)
- L’espirit De L’homeopathie (Translation – The Spirit of Homeopathy)
- Comprendre la Sensation Vitale en Homeopathie, De la plainte principale à l’énergie
- Le Schéma de Sankaran Edition 2005 (Translation – Sankaran’s Schema 2005 edition)
- Das Geistige Prinzip der Homöopathie (Translation – The Spirit of Homeopathy)
- Die Substanz der Homöopathie (+2 CDs) (Translation – The Substance of Homeopathy)
- Das System der Homöopathie (Translation – The System of Homeopathy)
- Die Seele der Heilmittel (Translation – The Soul of Remedies)
- Einblicke ins Pflanzenreich Band 1 und 2 (Translation – An Insight into Plants Vol 1 & 2)
- Sankaran’s Tabellen (Translation – Sankaran’s Schema 2005 edition)
- Die Empfindung in der Homöopathie (Translation – Sensation in Homeopathy)
- Einblicke ins Pflanzenreich Band 3 (Translation – Insight into Plants Vol 3)
- Die Empfindung – Verfeinerung der Methode (Translation – Sensation Refined)
- Struktur – Erfahrungen mit dem Mineralreich (Translation – Structure – Experiences with the Mineral Kingdom)
- Ubrleben – Die Mollusken (Translation – Survival: the Mollusc)
- El Espiritu De La Homeopatia (Translation – The Spirit of Homeopathy)
- La substancia de la homepatia (Translation – The Substance of Homeopathy)
- El Esquema De Sankaran 2007 (Translation – Sankaran’s Schema 2005)
- Sensación Vital en Homeopatía
- La Sensación Vital Seminario, Argelers 2008
- Sankaran’s Schema
Dr. Rajan Sankaran’s books published in other languages by other publishers:
- THE SPIRIT OF HOMEOPATHY
Bosnian, Bulgarian, Czech, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian & Tamil
- THE SUBSTANCE OF HOMEOPATHY
Bosnian, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Romanian, Russian & Spanish
- THE SOUL OF REMEDIES
Czech, German (Audio book), Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Romanian, Russian & Spanish
- THE SYSTEM OF HOMEOPATHY
Italian, Romanian & Russian
- AN INSIGHT INTO PLANTS (2 VOLS)
Bosnian, Croatian, French, Italian, Russian & Serbian
- THE SENSATION IN HOMEOPATHY
Italian, Portugal & Russian
- SANKARANS SCHEMA 2005
Bulgarian, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Romanian & Russian
- SENSATION REFINED
- AN INSIGHT INTO PLANTS (VOL 3)
- STRUCTURE – Experiences with the Mineral Kingdom
- Spirit, Song And Sensation (Set Of 4 Dvds)
- Sankaran Live (Set Of 4 Dvds)
(In English And German)
A comprehensive exposition of the sensation method
- Let’s Talk about Talking (Set of 2 Dvds)
- Vital Quest
- (In English, German, French)
- Synergy homeopathic softwares
- “TedMed Live” – Spreading Word About the Depth of Homeopathy, Globally
- “Know Homeopathy, Know Yourself” – Patient Awareness Seminar at Ravindra Natya Mandir, Prabhadevi, Dadar, Mumbai
- ‘Little Pills For Little Children’ – Patient Awareness Seminar at Bhaidas Hall, Vile Parle, Mumbai
- Representing News Papers / E Media
- ‘Homeopathic Healing At the other song’ – Awareness Video Through YouTube
- Legend of Homeopathy 2012, Life Time Achievement Award by Indian Homeopathic Forum (Shirdi, Maharashtra 7-8 April 2012)
- Membership Awarded By The Hellenic Association of Homeopathic Medical Cooperation, Athens, Greece (16 May 2009)
- Appreciation From St. Gallen Symposium, St. Gallen, Switzerland (10 June 2013)
- Association Medica Homeopathica Argentina Award ( September 2006)
- Dr. B. Sahni Memorial Award 2013, Patna, Bihar, India (27-28 January 2013)
- Appreciated as Distinguished Speaker at XVIII All India Homeopathic Congress By Homeopathic Medical Association of India, West Bengal State Branch, Science City, Kolkata, (21-22-23 December 2012)
- Dr. Hahnemann Lifetime Achievement Award in Jan 2020, By Maharashtra Council of Homeopathy
Dr Sankaran’s research and extensive clinical practice has led him to much deeper level of understanding grouped together as WISE processes (Witnessing Inner Song Experience); which are used in homeopathic case-taking and also in health workshops for larger community.
This helps people of all ages, and children as well.
Please contact: email@example.com with the Subject : WISE ENQUIRY